iPECS-MG Training – VM Features
Power Point presentation for VM Features of LG-Ericsson iPECS-MG. This is Part 11 from iPECS-MG Training Materials.
iPECS-MG VM Features — Presentation Transcript
- Enhanced VM Features iPECS-MG Business Enabled Communications
- Contents • Normal VM Features (Available with current prompt set) • DND Forward to VM • Voice Mail COS • Announce Only VM • VM Message Cascade • Rerouting From Voice Mail Forwarding • VM Message Playback Options (V 2.0) • Enhanced VM Features (Available with added new prompt set) • Message Type (Private / Urgent Message) • Mailbox Features (Send Message, Distribution List, Mailbox control, Broadcast) • Company Directory • Remote System Greeting Record • VM Message Delivery Confirmation (V 2.0) • VM Message Future Delivery (V 2.0)
- DND Forward to VM DND Forward to VM This feature modifies the operation of calls presented to a station in the DND condition. The calls will be directed to the voice mail of the called party. Calling Party Called Station Mail-Box DND Station – DND Forward to VMIB – VMIB Attribute PGM145
- Voice Mail COS Voice Mail COS Each voice mailbox can have its own class of service so that allows for different parameters for each voice mail such as greeting length, message length, number of messages and etc. One of 5 COS can be assigned in each mailbox. (1~5). Attributes Description Remark Greeting Length This defines maximum user greeting length. 0-99 Sec. User Message Length This defines maximum user message recording time. 1-600 Sec. Number of messages This defines maximum number of voice mail message. 1-250, Retention Time Voice mail messages will be automatically deleted after 0-99 days this amount of days. E-Mail Notification E-mail notification can be enabled or disabled. ON/OFF Private Message Mark Private message mark can be enabled or disabled ON/OFF – Station VM COS – VMIB Attribute PGM145 – VM COS Option – VM COS Attributes PGM243
- Announce Only VM Announce Only VM This feature provides a method to mark a mailbox as an only announce type. This type of mailbox can provide greeting and no voice mail message can be saved . There are 2 kinds of operation after greeting message. (Previous Menu/ Hang-Up). Returns the caller to the previous menu of CCR feature. Hang up the call after announcement. In case Mailbox B is Announce Only Calling Party Mailbox, System only provides greeting of mailbox B. After greeting message, this call is disconnected automatically, or, it can be routed to previous menu of CCR. VSF/ VMIM User B’s Mailbox User A User B – Announce Only Mail Box – VMIB Attribute PGM145 – Announce Only Option – VMIB Attribute PGM145
- VM Message Cascade VM Message Cascade Message cascading copies voice mail from one mailbox to another mailbox to leave . When Message Cascaded, other mailbox will receive the notification of message receipt There are 4 kinds of cascade type. (Disable/Immediate/Urgent/Noti Fail) Option: Disable / Immediate / Urgent-Message Only / Notification Fail.Calling Party In case Caller A or A’ leaves the voice message to User B, this message is copied into the cascade destination C’ mailbox. VSF/ VMIM User A User B User C – Cascade Mail-Box – VMIB Attribute PGM145 – Cascade Type – VMIB Attribute PGM145
- Rerouting From Voice Mail Forwarding Calls to a voicemail-forwarded station can be rerouted 1. Call comes in to a station forwarded to voicemail 2. Caller hears the greeting of the called party and dials ‘0’ to request call rerouting Reroute Destination – Station – Station Group – ACD Group – Attendant – Networking Station The reroute destination can be set as follows 1. From the station : [Tran/PGM] + ‘7’ + ‘7’ 2. In Web Admin : [PGM 147] – Index 1
- VM Message Playback Options (V 2.0) VM Message Pause/Resume, Fast Forward and Rewind MG-VMIB S/W: A.0Gc (Jul 03/2011) Voice Message left in the mail-box“ Hello, this is MJ. I just called to remind you to attend the meeting on next Monday for our new products. ………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………………..“Initial Position Current Position End Position Message Playback Time-Line Message RW/FF Time (PGM 147 – 6) PAUSE if user dials ‘8’ : 03 ~ 99 seconds ① REWIND if user dials ‘*’ ② ③ FAST FORWARD if user dials ‘#’ ④ RESUME if user dials ‘8’
- Message Type Message Types A caller can leave the message with several type such as Regular, Urgent, Private . 1. Enhanced VM Features (PGM 223 – 20) must be set “ON”. 2. New voice mail prompts must be available. (Prompt number from 260 to 313) Message Type Description Remark Regular An user can retrieve it in new message category. Regular Urgent An user can retrieve it in urgent message category. Urgent Private A private message can not be forwarded and edited by user. V2.0 Urgent & Private An urgent & private message can not be forwarded and edited by user V2.0 When a caller leave a message, the following prompt will be provided. “For regular delivery, press 1. To mark urgent, press 2. To mark private, Press 3. (V2.0) To mark urgent and private, Press 4. (V2.0)
- Message Type Urgent Message A caller can leave the message as urgent and a user can retrieve urgent messages. 1. To retrieve urgent message, If a user enter the mailbox, the following prompt will be provided. “You have XX New message, XX Saved message, XX Urgent message” “ To play new message, press 1. To play saved message, press 2. To play urgent message, press 3 …..” Press 3, urgent message can be retrieved. 2. To save urgent message, During/After a user retrieve the message, he can save the message by pressing 2. and it will be moved to saved message.
- Message Type Private Message A caller can leave the message as private and a system regards it as regular message. A user can retrieve a private message as the same as regular message. A private message can not be forwarded and edited by user . Urgent and Private Message A caller can leave the message as urgent & private and a system regards it as urgent message. A user can retrieve a urgent & private message as the same as urgent message. A urgent & private message can not be forwarded and edited by user.
- Main Menu Attributes Main Menu – Menu Tree Main Menu to play new messages, press one to play saved messages, press two to play urgent messages, press three to send a message, press four for personal options, press five to access administrative options, press six (Administrator only) to set station forwarding, press seven to set greeting or password, press eight to disconnect, press pound Press 0 for the operator Press nine to hear this message again
- Main Menu Attributes Send Message (Main Menu: 4) A user can record a message and send it to other mail box or distribution list. There are 3 kinds of method to send message. In Main Menu, “To Send a message, Press 4” 1. With Mailbox number : 1) Record voice message 2) Enter a mailbox number 3) Enter a message type (Regular/Urgent/Private/Delivery receipt/Future delivery) 2. With Distribution list : 1) Record voice message 2) Enter a distribution list number and # 3. With Station Name: 1) Record voice message 2) Press * and enter 3 character of desirable name. 3) Select the matched name
- Main Menu Attributes Distribution List (Main Menu: 5) This allows a mailbox owner to setup a group of mailboxes and send a message using one number instead of having to enter each mailbox individually. A maximum of 5 distribution lists and 25 member in a list can be set up per mailbox. In Main Menu, “For Personal option, Press 5 ”. 1. Edit Distribution list 1) Add member 2) Delete member 3) Listen to mailboxes in list 2. Delete Distribution list : Personal Options To edit a list press 1 Enter list number [1-5] to add a mailbox press 1, to delete a mailbox press 2, to listen to mailboxes in list, press 3 Add “Please enter the mailbox number““mailbox XXX added” Delete “Please enter the mailbox number““mailbox XXX deleted” Listen “Please enter the mailbox number” “mailbox XXX” … “mailbox XXX”
- Main Menu Attributes Administrator Mail-Box (Main Menu: 6) Administrator mailbox can change a mailbox’s setting with administrator mailbox menu In Main Menu, “To access administrative options, Press 6”. Administrative Main Menu 1.Add a mailbox : Enable VSF/VMIM Access with COS 2.Delete a mailbox : Disable VSF/VMIM Access 3.Reset a mailbox password : Initialized Password of a Mailbox 4.Record a mailbox greeting : Record a Mailbox Greeting. 5.Record a broadcast message : Record and Send a Broadcast Message. 6.Record a mailbox name : Record a mailbox name Broadcast Message Administrator mailbox can record a broadcast message which is delivered to all mailboxes in the same tenant. Max.10 Broadcast messages can be provided in a tenant. A user can retrieve broadcast messages in a highest priority
- Main Menu Attributes Administrator Mail-Box (Menu Tree) Administrator Mailbox To add a mailbox, press 1 To delete a mailbox, press 2 To reset a mailbox password, press 3 To record a mailbox greeting, press 4 To record a broadcast message, press 5 To record a mailbox name, press 6 “Please enter the mailbox number” Add “Enter COS 1-5” “Press 1 to confirm or # to cancel and go back to administration main Delete “Please enter the mailbox number” Reset “Press 1 to confirm or # to cancel and go back to administration main” Record “Please enter the mailbox number” Greeting “to listen press 1, to record press 2, to delete press 3.” “Press # to cancel and go back to administration main Record “Enter broadcast message number” (01-10) Broadcast “to listen press 1, to record press 2, to delete press 3, to send press 4.” “Press # to cancel and go back to administration main” “Please enter the mailbox number” Mailbox “to listen press 1, to record press 2, to delete press 3.” Name “Press # to cancel and go back to administration main”
- Call Routing Company Directory This feature allows a caller to utilize the DTMF keys to “spell” the name of a subscriber andbe directed to the selected extension. External caller can access this feature code in CCRTable or Digit Conversion Table. First name and last name for company directory have to be preprogrammed and station’ssubscriber name has to be recorded in each station (code 563) 1. A caller dials DID Number /CCR Menu for Company Directory 2. “Press 1 to search first name, Press 2 to search by last name” will be provided. 3. If the user dials ‘1’, system will prompt “Enter the first 3 characters of the person’s first name”. Or if the user dials ‘2’, system will prompt “Enter the first 3 characters of the person’s last name 4. Once 3 characters have been entered(“J-5-A-2-M-6”) , If more than one matches are found, the system will play: for [James], press 1”, for [Landy], press 2 … (1~9) 5. If a caller select ‘1’, a call is routed to User A “James”. Calling Party 2 3 1 ABC DEF 4 5 6 GHI JKL MNO 7 8 9 PQRS TUV WXYZ Internal User A, James
- Maintenance Remote System Greeting Record This feature provides an option to record a system greeting through CCR/DID Conv. Table in remote site. 1. When external party dials the digit for VMIB greeting recording in CCR menu or Digit conversion table, system prompts “enter password” prompt 2. User enters attendant’s telephone number, password . 3. After “Enter slot number” is played, user enters 2 digits of VMIB board slot number. (If there are only one VMIB is installed, Enter Slot Number step will be skipped) 4. After “Enter system greeting number” is played, user enters 3 digits system greeting number (001 ~ 070.) 5. After “Enter language type 1 – 3” is played, user enters language type. 6. “Start recording after the tone. When you are finished, press pound” is played and confirm tone is heard. 7. User records the greeting and dials ‘#’ to finish. Calling Party AAFU/ VMIB
- VM Message Delivery Confirmation (V 2.0) VM Delivery Confirmation (Available only for internal stations) Calling Party ① Called Party ③ ④ ② ① Calling party sends a message with delivery confirmation mark ② Called party checks the received voice message ③ System sends a delivery confirmation message to the calling party ④ Calling party hears the delivery confirmation message When a caller leaves a message, the following prompt will be provided. When the caller hears the message, For regular delivery, press 1. the following prompt will be provided. To mark urgent, press 2. ① “Message for XXX was listened to on HH:MM MM/DD” ④ To mark private, Press 3. To mark urgent and private, Press 4. XXX mailbox number or recorded name To request delivery receipt of the message HH:MM Time for future, Press 5 MM/DD Date
- VM Message Future Delivery (V 2.0) Future Delivery When a caller leaves a message, the following prompt will be provided. ① ① ② For regular delivery, press 1. To mark urgent, press 2. Calling Party VMIB Called Party To mark private, Press 3. To mark urgent and private, Press 4. To request delivery receipt of the message for future, Press 5 For future delivery, press 6 System checks the delivery time and sends the message ② Caller dials ‘6’ at the right reserved time. System will prompt “Enter date and time and press one of the following options, 1 for AM, 2 for PM” User dials 4 digits MM/DD and 4 digits HH:MM. (Month: 01 ~ 12, Day: 01 ~31, Hour: 00 ~ 11, Minute: 00 ~ 59) User dials 1 digit for AM or PM should be dialed. (Example) Dialing 0903 0830 1 means Sep 3rd 8:30 AM