Here is how to connect your Zimbra Community with Outlook 2013 using the ActiveSync and Z-Push without Outlook connector available only in Professional edition.
If you have z-push installed on you Zimbra Community server you can now connect your Outlook 2013 and sync your mails, calendar, contacts. If you don’t already have Z-Push installed you can follow my tutorial Zimbra ActiveSync with Z-Push v2
You can start your configuration but at the end you will receive this error: Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The server cannot be found.
There is a simple workaround that i found on this blog How to connect Exchange ActiveSync (Z-Push or other EAS Server) with Outlook 2013 and it works with Zimbra Community eddition.
- Start Outlook and go to File –> Add Account
- Select “Manual setup or additional server types”
- Select “Outlook.com or Exchange ActiveSync compatible service”
- Enter your account infomation and your EAS server address then click “Next”
- You will get the error as “Log onto Exchange ActiveSync mail server (EAS): The server cannot be found.”
DO NOT click “Close”, left this dialog message here and go to Step 6.
If you are using selfsign certificate then you might get a certificate error prior, simply click “Yes”
- Open your task manager by holding “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” or right click on your task bar and select “Task Manager”
- At the Windows Task Manager, navigate to “Processes” tab (Windows 7) / “Details” tab (Windows 8)
- Look for outlook.exe process and click “End Process”, if any confirmation dialog appear, simply click “Ok”
Open your Outlook 2013 again and that’s it, you can see status will show “Connected“. Allow Outlook to download mail from the server. Once all mail Synced, another status “All folders are up to date” will appear.
This maybe patched later on, but for now this works and we can gave Outlook lovers their mail client.